In my work, I've seen many marvels, but the most beautiful was always the browser.
I would like to highlight few facts that makes the browser a great general purpose programming platform.
Computing platform means in general sense, where any piece of software is executed. It may be the hardware or OS, even a web browser as long as the code is executed in it.
- Great architectural patterns,
- Standards created by community,
- Feature richness,
- Node (isomorphic apps, unit testing),
- What's The Difference Between A Software Product And A Platform? by Adrian Bridgwater,
- Platforms by Joel Spolsky (CEO of StackOverflow).